DALLAS, Jan. 20, 2006 – Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE:KMB) announces it is extending its successful baby toiletries into the underserved toddler market with the launch of Huggies Cleanteam bath and body products. The new product line, which features trademarked, letter-shaped characters called Alphamals, helps moms teach toddlers how to keep clean, while having fun at bath time, meal time, potty time, or on-the-go.
The company also announces the roll out of 10 additions to its successful line of Huggies Bath & Body toiletries for babies. These innovations – featuring new formulations, distinctive scents, and colorful, easy-to-use packages – follow a strong first year for the product line: Huggies toiletries helped sales in the baby and toddler bath and body category grow by 8 percent in 2005. The launch also helped grow Huggies brand market share in the category to more than 5 percent.
"Kimberly-Clark has reenergized the $680 million baby and toddler bath and body category since entering the market with Huggies Bath & Body toiletries in late 2004," said Steve Kalmanson, group president, North Atlantic Consumer Products. "With the launch of Huggies Cleanteam toiletries, we believe we will further drive category growth with exciting, innovative solutions that help moms teach their kids the importance of being clean, while having fun in the process."
The Huggies Cleanteam product line uses a unique Blue Melon Splash fragrance, formulated specifically for toddlers. The Huggies Cleanteam Alphamals characters include:
- Sammy the Snake Shampoo: 2-in-1 tear-free shampoo and conditioner in one bottle.
- Billy the Bison Body Wash: tear-free.
- Daphne the Dolphin Detangler.
- Molly the Mule Wash Mitts: disposable mitts that fit over small and large hands and made with tear-free body wash built right in.
- Henry the Hippo Hand Soap: foaming soap for hands or face and available in a uniquely shaped pump bottle that is easy for toddlers to use.
- Carley the Crab Cleansing Cloth: a unique, super-thick disposable cloth formulated to clean and moisturize skin at the same time, available in a 10-count pack for on-the-go moms.
- Freddy the Flamingo Flushable Moist Wipes: flushable moist wipes for use in the bathroom, offered in an easy-to-use, pop-up tub in four collectable designs.
With the introduction of the Cleanteam toiletries, the Huggies brand offers a full line of bath and body products across a child's different life stages – from newborn, to infant to toddler – and reinforces its position as a leading brand in the baby care category to offer a complete baby care solution – diapers, training pants, disposable changing pads, wipes and toiletries.
"Huggies Cleanteam is more than just a line of toddler toiletries – it provides a bonding experience for mother and child," said Kalmanson. "Through pairing a toddler's love of animals, learning and imagination with mom's need to make bath time, meal time, potty time and on-the-go cleanup easier, Huggies Cleanteam toiletries keeps toddlers engaged through the use of characters, bottle shapes and fragrances and helps teach cleaning habits to children that will last a lifetime." Building on Success of Huggies Bath & Body Products Through Expansion
In addition to the new Cleanteam products, Huggies is expanding its Huggies Bath & Body brand of toiletries with new offerings, including:
- Extra Sensitive Baby Wash, Washcloths, Lotion and Shampoo that are clinically proven for safe sensitive skin and for newborns' gentle skin.
- Nourishing Mango & Coconut Wash, Shampoo, Lotion and Washcloth with vitamins A and E, coconut oil and mango butter, and aloe, which provide a unique scent and help nurture and moisturize babies' delicate skin and hair.
- Shea Butter Body Cream and Washcloth for moms who want to clean and have all-day moisturizing for their babies.
- Lavender & Chamomile Shampoo, which offers a calming scent moms believe helps soothe babies.
"These additions build on the array of Huggies baby wash, mitts, rash cream, liquid powder and wash cloths successfully introduced over the past year," said Kalmanson. "We believe these new offerings will help generate incremental growth for K-C and our retail partners through providing shoppers and users a full line of baby and toddler care solutions."
Huggies Cleanteam toiletries and the new Huggies Bath & Body products are broadly available at major retail locations throughout the U.S. and Canada. The launch is being supported by a multi-million dollar advertising and promotion campaign that includes extensive television and print advertising, cross-product sampling, in-store displays, direct mail and FSIs, and online marketing via the Huggies Cleanteam Web site at www.huggiescleanteam.com and the Huggies Baby Network at www.huggiesbabynetwork.com.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people—nearly a quarter of the world's population—trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No. 1 or No. 2 share position in more than 80 countries. To keep up with the latest K-C news and to learn more about the company's 134-year history of innovation, visit www.kimberly-clark.com.