NEENAH, Wis. March 30, 2006 - Parents everywhere face the ongoing challenge of keeping their toddlers clean. In fact, parents wash their toddlers numerous times a day, which often means forcing a break from play time for clean-up time. Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE:KMB) recently surveyed moms about toddler hygiene and found that 98 percent would like their toddlers to be actively involved in the clean-up process to foster togetherness and teach good hygiene habits.
Based on consumer insights, Kimberly-Clark recently introduced HUGGIES Cleanteam -- a line of toiletries for toddlers that has been developed to make clean-up time more fun for mom and toddler. HUGGIES Cleanteam extends play time to clean-up time by pairing a toddler's love of animals, learning and imagination with mom's need to make meal-time, on-the-go clean-up and bath time easier. The line, which includes cleansing cloths, body wash, bath mitts, shampoo and detangler, and hand soap, features letter-shaped characters called Alphamals. The Alphamals connect the first letter of the product with the names of animals, helping moms engage their toddlers so the chore of cleaning up becomes an opportunity to play.
Because they are working together as a team, 9 out of 10 moms agree that bath time can be a special one-on-one bonding time. In fact, 92 percent of moms make a point to engage in playful bath time at least three or more times a week. So, it is no surprise that the majority of today's moms are on the lookout for fun products that help them teach their toddlers how to clean.
"Huggies Cleanteam is more than just a line of toddler toiletries it provides a bonding experience for mother and child," said Steve Kalmanson, group president, North Atlantic Consumer Products. "Huggies Cleanteam toiletries keeps toddlers engaged through the use of characters, bottle shapes and fragrances and helps teach cleaning habits to children that will last a lifetime."
Introducing the Alphamals
The HUGGIES Cleanteam product line features a unique Blue Melon Splash fragrance, formulated specifically for toddlers, in 9 oz. and 15 oz. bottles. The HUGGIES Cleanteam Alphamals characters include:
- Sammy the Snake Shampoo: 2-in-1 tear-free shampoo and conditioner in one bottle.
- Billy the Bison Body Wash: toddlers will enjoy this tear-free all over body wash.
- Daphne the Dolphin Detangler: smoothes hair easily when sprayed on and combed through.
- Molly the Mule Wash Mitts: disposable mitts that fit over small and large hands, containing tear-free body wash for easy use.
- Henry the Hippo Hand Soap: foaming soap for hands, available in a uniquely shaped pump bottle that is easy for toddlers to use.
- Carley the Crab Cleansing Cloths: unique, super-thick disposable cloths formulated to clean and moisturize skin at the same time, available in a 10-count pack for on-the-go moms.
- Freddy the Flamingo Flushable Moist Wipes: flushable wipes for use in the bathroom, offered in an easy-to-use, pop-up tub in four collectable designs.
HUGGIES Cleanteam toiletries are widely available at major retail locations throughout the U.S. and Canada with suggested retail prices ranging from $2.99 - $4.99, based on size. For more information, visit the Cleanteam Web site at www.huggiescleanteam.com, or the Huggies Baby Network at www.huggiesbabynetwork.com.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion peoplenearly a quarter of the world's populationtrust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No. 1 or No. 2 share position in more than 80 countries. To keep up with the latest K-C news and to learn more about the company's 134-year history of innovation, visit www.kimberly-clark.com.