Between Jan. 15 and March 2, consumers can enter the sweepstakes via tear pads in participating retail stores, or online at www.roomadaygiveaway.com or www.abc.com. A total of 16 winners will be chosen; fifteen winners will be announced live on "The View" at 11AM ET on the ABC Television Network, daily from Jan. 29 to Feb. 16. The 16th, and final, winner will be revealed on the Room-a-Day Web site on March 9.
"It's a new year and many people are looking for ways to help spruce up their homes as part of their New Years' resolutions," said Laura Keely, Director of Kimberly-Clark's Consumer Promotion Marketing. "What better way to help people stick to their resolutions, and improve life at home, than by K-C and its world-famous brands, such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Depend and Kotex, offering 16 lucky winners a chance to win a $25,000 room makeover."
While not everyone can win one of the $25,000 room makeovers, even small changes can make a big impact. According to a recent survey by Kimberly-Clark, 63 percent of Americans agree that little changes, such as rearranging furniture, can help make a room feel brand new, and that room makeovers don't need to be expensive. In addition, more than half (54 percent) of the 1,000 Americans surveyed acknowledged that even a small change to a room can have a positive impact on lifting their mood.
Kimberly-Clark, together with Gorder, has created tips for simple, affordable changes that can brighten a home and lift one's spirits. As part of its mission, Kimberly-Clark through its brands, plays a key role in improving the daily health, hygiene and well-being of families, whether through offering innovative products or simple solutions that help deliver peace of mind within the pace of life.
Gorder's tips include:
- Change the tone of your living room: Paint the mantel over the fireplace.
- Add a little color and a lot of life: Insert a splash of color in the master bedroom with an updated throw pillow and a coordinating carton of Kleenex Expressions Oval tissues.
- Turn your favorite cards into wall décor: Frame attractive greetings cards or images from old calendars and hang in sets of four or six. This also works with book pages.
- Think outside the linen closet: When seeking more space in your bathroom, think about function first and then let your imagination run wild. Store extra rolls of toilet paper elegantly in a tall circular vase. Or keep unwrapped bath soaps in a glass bowl on a bathroom shelf. They look pretty and are easily accessible.
- Soak up attention on your countertop: Finally, there are vibrant paper towel designs made especially for vertical paper towel holders. Now, you can Soak Up Life® with bright, colorful, vertical paper towels with scenery and settings like Tuscan Landscapes, Falling Poppies or European Café. In fact, Viva brand towels prints are like art on a roll.
For more mini-makeover tips, complete sweepstakes details and rules or to enter the Kimberly-Clark Room-a-Day Giveaway, visit www.roomadaygiveaway.com.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people -- nearly a quarter of the world's population -- trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly- Clark holds No. 1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. To keep up with the latest K-C news and to learn more about the company's 134-year history of innovation, visit http://www.kimberly-clark.com.
About The View
"The View" is produced by and features ABC News correspondent Barbara Walters, entertainer Rosie O'Donnell, comedian Joy Behar and former "Survivor: The Australian Outback" participant Elisabeth Hasselbeck. "The View" is the original forum in which real women discuss everyday issues and share their no- holds-barred opinions and engage in colorful conversations. "The View" is seen live MONDAY-FRIDAY (11:00 a.m.-12:00 noon, ET; CLOSED-CAPTIONED; in stereo, TV-14; HDTV) on ABC. "The View" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, in stereo). Visit "The View" on the Web at abc.com (keyword: theview).